cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Type: UNKNOWN using CS and viewing devices

stephenscott
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with CS recognizing device types. I have over 330 devices in my database and some of them are showing up as unknown under device type. What causes this? The devices are mostly 1131 AP's but I have a 6513 that is showing up as unknown. Any ideas?

18 Replies 18

ok. thanks for your help.

One of the issues is that the SNMP requests were timing out. I fixed that. I still am having problems with LWAPP Access Points. Not really sure what is wrong there. Also MY ASA's, FWSM's, and ACS's are still showing as UNKNOWN. Any ideas for these?

LWAPPs cannot be managed by LMS. They are not SNMP accessible. ACS cannot be managed by LMS (it's not a supported device).

The ASA and FWSM will work provided you configure SNMP correctly. In addition to specifying a community string, you need to allow the LMS server to poll them. For example, you need a command like the following:

snmp-server host inside 10.1.1.1 poll community public

And, of course, you need to make sure udp/161 is open between the LMS server and the devices.

Thank you. I got the ASA and FWSM into RME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: