Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices configuration.

robin_goel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi frenz,

Plz tell me, in which directory RME saves configuration of devices of network?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on the version of RME. For RME 3.x it is /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/archive on Solaris and NMSROOT\files\archive on Windows. For RME 4.x, it is /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma for Solaris and NMSROOT\files\rme\dcma for Windows. Of course, both versions allow for this path to be changed.

The most useful subdirectory for both versions is the shadow subdirectory. This directory contains an easily searched archive of the latest configuration from each device in a raw form that can be directly pushed back to the device.

HI clarke, i m using RME 4.0.3 for windows. I have checked that dir but that folder is empty. while shadow folder shows me all configurations.I think due to it i m not able to see in RME>config mgmt> config editor>user archive... there is no records .... plz help me how can i get rid off.

thanks

What folder is empty. If the shadow directory exists and has configurations, then the dcma directory cannot be empty.

As for Config Editor, I do not know exactly what you're doing, but you need to check a config out first. To do this, go to RME > Config Mgmt > Config Editor > Config Files, and choose the configuration by one of the available criteria. If you use Device and Version, that will search through the archive.

If you do not see an archived config for a particular device, but you are able to find a config under the shadow directory, that probably means you've reinitialized the RME database. You would then need to run a new config sync job for that device under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive to get the configuration back in the archive.

Hi clarke, yes dcma dir is not empty.There r files as basefiles,basefiletemplets,configexport,devfiles,diffiles,shadow,temp and userfile.In these basefiles , basefilestemplets and configexport are empty. Plz tell me where configuration of evices actually exists. Sothat i can take backup of that directory.