cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices in Questioned State and DFM3.03 not sending notifications

dmamattah
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running LMS3.01 with DFM 3.03 and all my devices are in Questioned State. The DFM is no longer sending Alerts and Alarms to Notification groups. I checked the Notification Groups and there were no devices in Devices Selector. My support maintenance is yet to be signed so I can't call TAC. Your help will be appreciated

Thanks

4 Replies 4

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Friend,

if you are using Windows have a look if .NET 2.0 SP1 is installed. If yes removed it and restart the server.

If this does not match have a try with the reset of the database passwords of DFM:

First you have to stop the processes

net stop crmdmgtd

cd to ..\CSCOpx\bin

Then issue the following cmd:

.\perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmEpm npwd=

.\perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmInv npwd=

.\perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmFh npwd=

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards,

Frank

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete, what is the reason the devices are in a Questioned state?

i did a database initialization and most of my devices are now in a Known state. But a have about 5 in Others and 10 in SNMP Timeout states

SNMP Timeout is pretty self-explanatory. Make sure the SNMP credentials in DCR are correct for these devices, and increase DFM's SNMP timeout under DFM > Device Management > SNMP Config if necessary.

If you click on one of the devices under Others, what is the underlying reason it is Questioned?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: