cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices not discovering

Hi All,

I have LMS 2.5.1 upgrade to 2.6

I installed 2.5.1 on windows 2003 standard R2 which comes with SP2

After installation after doing snmp & device settings properly its not discovering any device. Its only discovering the seed devices but still showing unreachable.

Can pls help me & explain me what could be the problem.

Thanks in Advance

Sachi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Discovery doesn't necessarilly use the same credentials as other LMS components. This is why I said to get a sniffer trace. Make absolutely sure Discovery is sending the correct data. And, yes, the OS is fine for running LMS 2.6.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have double-checked the SNMP settings under Campus Manager > Admin > Device Discovery > SNMP Settings, start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 traffic to one of your seed devices. Make sure the correct SNMP credentials are being used. If credentials are correct, but you do not see a response to the SNMP requests, make sure there are no access-lists or firewalls blocking SNMP between the server and the devices.

Thanks a lot for quick response. I was expecting that JC will reply.

I did a snmpwalk, the credentials are fine. Only thing I doubt is 2.5.1 should be installed with 2k3 standard/enterprise SP1 and once it is upgraded to 2.6 then the windows also should be upgraded to SP2.

Do you agree with me?

Even with the same snmp sredentials other mgmt stuffs are working.

Thanks

Sachi

Discovery doesn't necessarilly use the same credentials as other LMS components. This is why I said to get a sniffer trace. Make absolutely sure Discovery is sending the correct data. And, yes, the OS is fine for running LMS 2.6.

Hi JC,

sorry to bother you. I had made a mistake. First I configured SNMP V3 then I deleted & configured SNMP V2 but I didnt apply the deletion of SNMP V3 in SNMP setting. So when I opened the SNMP file in the root directory it was both V3 & V2. Once I delted V3 & applied it started discovering.

One more question:

SNMP V3 is fully applicable for LMS 2.6 ?

Many thanks for your quick responses.

Sachi

LMS 2.6 supports SNMPv3 authNoPriv for all applications.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: