Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 2.0.3 and CallManager 4.1(3)SR2

I have LMS 2.5, recently updated to LMS 2.51. All the recent (Jan 2006) updates have been applied (Campus MDF 1.7, plus the RME device updates). I have a CallManager 4.1(3)SR2 server installed and DFM reports the device discovery as 'Questioned', the error code is:

*** Data Collector Status Information ***

Error Code = Others

Error Message = MDFId mismatch

(DCR:268439621,Found:999990341)

Is this a new bug? It previously discovered the CCM server OK.

Andy

6 Replies 6

Does DFM 2.0.3 support CallManger 4.1(3)SR2 as a device? It is a MCS7825 (Compaq DL320) server running all the latest OS & CCM patches.

Can anyone explain the 'MDFid mismatch' error?

Andy

Ciscoworks keeps track of device model-types by their OID number, which you can see when you manually select the device type under Device Management. In your case an incorrect OID number is being assigned which then leads to incorrect snmp values while trying to query the device.

I'm experiencing the same problem as you. Open Device Management and change the "device type"; you will be presented with a rather large list of items to chose from. In our case the call managers are being catalogued as "Voice >> Call Control >> Cisco Call Manager" which leads to the error you describe; in previous versions of Ciscoworks the devices were listed as "78xx Media Convergence Server" and the devices were monitored as expected. If you select the entry which accurately describes your hardware, specifically the OID must match, then this _should_ fix the issue.

Unfortunately the next time Ciscoworks scans your network it will eronously provide the wrong OID again, leaving you in the same place as before. I haven't opened a TAC case yet but these are the results I've seen.

Thanks for the reply. I changed the device type in Common Services and it almost immediately appeared in DFM. An SNMP walk on the device shows the OID as:

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.311.1.1.3.1.2

Is this due to the 7825 (DL230 G1) not being supported by Cisco (at least from a hardware perspective). What OID's should it be looking for or is this just a bug?

Andy

From my perspective what you're describing sounds like a bug in Common Services; whether your hardware is supported or not in DFM ought to be documented somewhere, likely in the DFM page.

I believe the behaviour you're seeing is somehow tied to DCR, which means that until your call managers can be properly catalogued you won't be able to manage the servers using Ciscoworks. In order to monitor the servers in DFM, or any other module in Ciscoworks, the right OID must be associated with the device so that snmp queries can be performed.

Since this wasn't causing any particular problems I didn't pursue this issue any further.

However I have now installed LMS 2.6 and last week installed the latest updates and guess what? DFM now sees the MCS7825 (HP DL320) as a Callmanager (this is what it complained about previously and I had to manually change it to a MCS 7800 Server) and now it doesn't complain and works.....

Andy

Correct. This was a bug, CSCsd75816, in DFM. It was fixed in DFM 2.0.6 which is part of LMS 2.6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: