Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFM 2.0.5 HighDiscardRate

Hello,

I have an spirious message in DFM, could you please give me an explanation about this message, it is a network configuration problem? how can I resolve it ?

Is realy the trafic drop ?

Thanks

Here find next the message:

EVENT ID = 00001IZ

ALERT ID = 00000X0

TIME = jeu. 31-ao?t-2006 18:31:13 CEST

STATUS = Active

SEVERITY = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT = infcawlte0.cus.fr

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Switches and Hubs

EVENT DESCRIPTION = HighDiscardRate::Component=PORT-infcawlte0.cus.fr/0.26 [Gi0/2] [connexion vers INFCAWBACK2 port G5/6];Type=ETHERNETCSMACD;InputPacketRate=1.7896138E7 PPS;MinimumDiscardRate=8333.328;DuplexMode=FULLDUPLEX;OutputPacketRate=199.77083 PPS;DiscardThreshold=5;InputPacketDiscardPct=99.99754 %;InputPacketDiscardRate=1.7895698E7 PPS;MaxSpeed=1000000000;OutputPacketDiscardRate=0.0 PPS;OutputPacketDiscardPct=0.0 %;

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: DFM 2.0.5 HighDiscardRate

Hi Herve,

here is a link to the DFM User Guide: Chapter "Events Processed"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/dfm/dfm203/ug/events.htm

HighDiscardRate:

Description: A HighDiscardRate event occurs when:

?The input packet queued rate is greater than the minimum packet rate, and the input packet discard percentage is greater than the Discard threshold. The input packet queued rate is the rate of packets received without error. The input packet discard percentage is calculated by dividing the rate of input packets discarded by the rate of packets received.

?The output packet queued rate is greater than the minimum packet rate, and the output packet discard percentage is greater than the Discard threshold. The output packet queued rate is the rate of packets sent without error. The output packet discard percentage is calculated by dividing the rate of output packets discarded by the rate of packets sent.

Trigger: Exceeded Discard threshold.

Severity: Critical.

Device Type: All.

Event Code: 1010.

I guestt this is quite sel exlpanority.

Cheers

Frank

Re: DFM 2.0.5 HighDiscardRate

check the error counters on the interface if the counter is continouosly rising perhaps it is a problem with the cable or an interconncetion (patch panel)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content