I have some devices that were changed and I needed to modify the interfaces to be managed in DFM. In the past, I would just normally change the status from FALSE to TRUE, hit submit and apply changes. That usually works but noticed recently, I think when I upgraded to DFM 3.0.2, whenever I click apply changes, it just hangs up. As a result, the changes did not take into effect. Has anyone seen this problem in DFM 3.0.2?
I successfully installed DFM 3.0.5 however the problem is still there. The uplink ports of the catalyst switches came out unamanaged. When I change the manage status of the port from False to True, the port status do not show as up. I noticed however that when you rediscover the device then the port status shows as up. It is just very tedious to do it this way since I have about 100 switches and applying changes to DFM is very time consuming. I wish there is a better way to do this.
Switch ports which are not connected to other devices that DFM is already managing will NOT be managed by default. When you change a port's management status to true (and you apply the changes) the status will not show up until DFM does two polls of the device. This usually takes a maximum of eight minutes.
If you need to manage ports in bulk, read the bulk management instructions in the Detailed Device View. You can then script the setting of the state and the application of the changes.
These ports are actually connected to other Cisco devices that DFM is already managing. As far as I know these should be managed (set to True) by default when you add the switch to DFM. I started seeing this problem when we made changes to the switch. We changed the management IP addresses of our switches, as a result, I had to go back to each switch, rediscover it to reflect the changes. One incident happened, one of the switches went done and I didn't get any alert from it. When I looked at the port status, it was set to False. And this is how I realized the problem.
I have no problem with rediscovery anymore. I just need to go back to my devices and verify that the uplinks are managed. You are right, it's taking about 8 minutes for the port to come as up. However, I still don't know why these ports suddenly turned unmanaged.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...