Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.0.3 ExceededMaximumUptime issue

Jeroen Tebbens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To override the ExceededMaximumUptime event by creating a custom group like "PPP Interface" and adding rule Interface.Type contains "PPP".

We need this to override the ATM and ADSL like interfaces that use PPP but are not ISDN based.

Then after the group is created I have to change the priority under Polling and Thresholds -> Setting Priorities.

Select bullet Interface Threshold Groups, but my custom created group isn't in the list....even not in any other group that resides there.

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen Tebbens

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot create a new group for this. You must use one of the existing customizable interface groups, modify its ruleset, then prioritize it ahead of the group which is currently matching those ATM and ADSL interfaces. Once that is done, apply your changes.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, although you answer brings a new question on that.

I noticed only the access port customizable groups but didn't find the interface based customizable groups. I have seen the A,B,C and 1-4 groups for that access port related groups.

That bothers me since the user guide reflects differently.

/Jeroen

There is a set of customizable access port groups, trunk port groups, and interface groups. All of these can be edited under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Group Administration.

The path to the interface group is:

DFM@server

|

--User Defined Groups

|

--Customizable Interface Groups

There are seven such groups.

That one is empty, thats what bothers me.

Could this be an error in the installation/setup of CWLMS 3.0?

It does sound like an error with the DFM installation. You can try running NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/triveni/WEB-INF/classes/rmkilnerogstable.pl, and see if that restores the default DFM groups.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: