cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.0.5 Reporting Problem

qlgendrano
Level 1
Level 1

My DFM is reporting two events for the same problem. One event has the IP address unresponsive and the other has hostname unresponsive. What makes it so confusing is if you look at the DFM console, the event which has an IP address on it shows cleared while the event with hostname on it shows active. The device during this time remains down and inaccessible. How do i make DFM report only one of these events and report accurately.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Both events are unique.  The first event says that the managed interface is unresponsive while the second one says the device as a whole is unresponsive (i.e. unmanageable).  While the device as a whole is unreacahble, DFM should only show that event as active.  Others will not be applicable.  The cleared interface event will timeout of AAD after 30 minutes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Both events are unique.  The first event says that the managed interface is unresponsive while the second one says the device as a whole is unresponsive (i.e. unmanageable).  While the device as a whole is unreacahble, DFM should only show that event as active.  Others will not be applicable.  The cleared interface event will timeout of AAD after 30 minutes.

Thanks Joe, so this is a normal behaviour of DFM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: