I have a problem with DFM device discovery status. Two devices are added to DFM but booth of them are in Questioned state.
When I check device details its saying SNMP Timeout problem.
I increased SNMP timeout to maximum of 30 sec, but there's no changes. Can someone help me about this???
thanks in advanced
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete. Click on your test
device and send me a screenshot of the resulting page, showing the Item
- Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. Select
only your test device and click Export. Send me the resulting text file from
the server (Be sure to remove any sensitive data).
- Send show version and show run from your test device (not show tech).
Try to discover the device using the cli:
NMSRoot/objects/smarts/bin>sm_tpmgr -s DFM --add-agent=
You may benifit from installing the cumulitive update. It can be found here:
Thank for reply mate,
but i did' find any update on page U gave me, just info about CSCta56151 bug.
is there any update for this bug?
I will try the suggested patch ang get back to U with results.
Hi Nick ,
I am using LMS 3.1 DFM 3.1.3
I have added 130 devices in DCR through CSV file,
Alls are showing in CS moduls (Device Allocation summary) but those are not come in DFM module.
I am put all modules in auto allocation mode
I have restarted services (crmdmgtd) and also restarted hard reboot server.
I have also checked pdshow command all services are running ok.
I had tried with all database reinitialized using all those command
NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=CMF
same for rmeng, ani, ipm, dfminv, dfmemp, dfmfh, opsxml, upm
but probleme is same .
I had removed both database file from NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/ISF after data base reintialized
Still I did't get devices in DFM>> Devices Management >> Device Import
some of log file and screensort of DFM are attached for ref
pls help me
Hi there, just to conclude this topic with a solution to original problem...
after applying patches:
the problem was still present, but couple of devices vent to KNOWN state, and others stayed in QUESTIONED.
Only thing different on these devices ware that KNOWN devices ware added manually to DCR and other devices ware discovered using device discovery.
With help of coupe of associates we found out that only difference between this two sets of devices (manually added and discovered) is that discovered devices have ENGINE ID field in Device Credentials automatically filled.
After deleting only Engine ID from Device Credentials and adding them again to DFM all of them vent to KNOWN state.
I'm not sure if this is caused by a bug in DFM, becouse Engine ID is added automatically in discovery process, but it's a reason that they get stuck in QUESTIONED state?
I hope this might be helpful to other LMS users.
I am with a the same problem to configure DFM . All devices that I added stay with status QUESTIONED. I checked the credential and All is okay. About tha patches mentioned in the case I installed all but the problem not solve.
I want to know how you do to delete the Engine ID of the credential of the devices. because how you saw after this the devices change the status to Know right.
U can delete Engine ID in DEVICE AND CREDENTIALS > DEVICE MANAGEMENT > select a device and go to EDIT CREDENTIALS.
Then U Select a used Credential Set to Edit and under the SNMP CREDENTIALS u can find Engine ID field.
deleting Engine ID solved my problem, I hope it'll be the same for you.