Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DFM and Redundant Power

Can DFM alert if RPS fails?

For example I have a 3750 stack of 6 switches on one RPS2600. If the RPS fails or looses power but the 3750s are OK running on their primary power, can I get an alert?

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DFM and Redundant Power

I don't have a 3750 with an RPS which which to test, but if you go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details and launch the Detailed Device View for this switch, do you see any Power Supply objects under the Environment folder?

I see the primary power supply status (all 6 from the stack) but there is no redundant status.

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Please post an snmpwalk of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.

Here is the snmpwalk, Thanks:

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyStatusDescr.1003 = STRING: Sw1, PS1 Normal, RPS Normal

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyStatusDescr.2003 = STRING: Sw2, PS1 Normal, RPS Normal

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyStatusDescr.3003 = STRING: Sw3, PS1 Normal, RPS Normal

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyStatusDescr.4003 = STRING: Sw4, PS1 Normal, RPS Normal

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyStatusDescr.5003 = STRING: Sw5, PS1 Normal, RPS Normal

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyStatusDescr.6003 = STRING: Sw6, PS1 Normal, RPS Normal

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyState.1003 = INTEGER: normal(1)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyState.2003 = INTEGER: normal(1)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyState.3003 = INTEGER: normal(1)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyState.4003 = INTEGER: normal(1)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyState.5003 = INTEGER: normal(1)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplyState.6003 = INTEGER: normal(1)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplySource.1003 = INTEGER: ac(2)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplySource.2003 = INTEGER: ac(2)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplySource.3003 = INTEGER: ac(2)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplySource.4003 = INTEGER: ac(2)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplySource.5003 = INTEGER: ac(2)

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonSupplySource.6003 = INTEGER: ac(2)

Cisco Employee

The state should change to critical when the main PS switches to the RPS. This will trigger an event in DFM.

I was hoping to get an alert if the RPS lost power. Last week I discovered a power cord for RPS supplying backup power for 6 3750 switches was unplugged. It would be nice if there was a way to be alerted if the RPS is not available even if the 3750s have primary power.

Cisco Employee

Based on your SNMP output, it does not appear the 3750s have the instrumentation to provide such data.

Thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content