Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM database configuration mode

j.baez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with DFM database. Everytime i want to run a backup configuration an error comes out:

"Fatal error: Database engine 'dfmEpmEng' could not be started on database 'dfmEpmDb' in Bulk mode.." , then i know i have to change that bulk mode but i can't find out how to.

Can anybody help me fix this issue??

Cheers,

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks as though the dfmEpm database is corrupt. Post the output of the pdshow command.

Hi,

attached is the pdshow results. Hope it's useful.

cheers,

Your service startup parameters have been changed, and this breaks LMS. Post a screenshot of your Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

here you are with the Local services Screenshot.

Set the following services to Manual start, then reboot, and see if the problem still occurs:

CiscoWorks web Server

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

IPM NG database engine

CWAWFEngine database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

Hi j,

I did what you suggested but it didn't work. Still getting the error described at the begining but also some other errors after the server was rebooted. Here are posted the screens with those errors.

Looking forward your answer,

Post the new pdshow output.

this an error i got while trying to run a backup after the changes to the services

this is the way Services are configured

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: