cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM device discovery

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to disable the built-in rediscovery for DFM.

Every week when the rediscovers network devices I lose device alerting capability and I have to reboot the server because DFM get hungs when

try to rediscover network devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a problem with the default schedule job in the databases.  You should be able to clean this up by opening a TAC service request.  There is a way to purge this job from the database, then create your own scheduled job which you can then suspend and resume as needed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot delete or edit the default schedule, but you can suspend it.  Just go to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Rediscovery Schedule, and suspend the Default_Schedule option.

Thanks for the quick response......I get an error when I try to suspend rediscovery. "Cannot Suspend the discovery"

It tells me to check the rediscovery.log for details.

What errors are in the rediscovery.log?

Please see attached.

There is a problem with the default schedule job in the databases.  You should be able to clean this up by opening a TAC service request.  There is a way to purge this job from the database, then create your own scheduled job which you can then suspend and resume as needed.

Thanks I will open a TAC Request in regards to this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: