cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Devices in a questioned state

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of cisco devices in a questioned state due to SNMP timeout or datacollector request time.

How do I fix this problem?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM is this? What version of SNMP are you using with your devices?

You can increase the DFM SNMP timeout under DFM > Device Management > SNMP Config.

If the problem is due to bad credentials in DCR, this can be easily seen by starting a sniffer trace filtering on SNMP and ICMP traffic to one of the Questioned devices. Then, rediscover the device in DFM. The packets in the trace will show the SNMP credentials being used, as well as if DFM can ping the device in question.

The version of DFM I'm using is 3.1.3.

We are using SNMP V2

V3 for our wireless gear.

Is it the v2 or v3 devices that are having problems?

Both V2 and V3 devices are having problems.

Then a sniffer trace will be required to isolate the problem. Given the errors you mentioned, I suspect either a true timeout (in which case increasing the DFM SNMP timeout will help), or bad credentials. In the SNMPv3 case, make sure all of your devices have unique engine IDs. If any two have the same engine ID, DFM will only be able to manage one successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: