Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DFM doesn?t work correct

I have a problem with functionality of DFM. Stop and start daemon manager didn't help.

Link Notification has the error window:

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/Notification/newtrapSubscript

ion.jsp!!!Cannot find bean NewSubscription in scope null

Link Notification Groups generates this error page:

server internal error

Could you advise me to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Sarka Tesarova

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DFM doesn?t work correct

Did you upgrade DFM 2.0.x to 2.0.3 recently? You may be running into bug CSCsc91394. This is fixed in DFM 2.0.4, but here's a workaround for 4.0.3 (a big lengthy):

Also remember the instructions below are for windows, just change \ to / for Solaris

The solution is to re-register the NOSServer daemon with Daemon Management. To do this, issue the following two commands as a local Administrator on the CiscoWorks server:

pdreg -u NOSServer

pdreg -r NOSServer -d "EPMDbEngine,EPMServer,INVDbEngine,PMServer,DFMOGSServer" -e NMSROOT\bin\cwjava.exe -f "^-server^-cp:p^MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\nos.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ctm.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-client.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\cogs.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kc1.0.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kilnervirtualasa1.0.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\activation.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\tis-client.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\pm.jar;lib\classpath\jconn2.jar;lib\classpath\epm-v0-5-0.jar;lib\classpath\cesar-v0-5-0b.jar;MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE.jar;MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;MDC\bin;objects\nos\config;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\classes;^-cw:jre^NMSROOT\MDC\jre^-cw:xrs^-Djava.compiler=NONE com.cisco.nm.trx.nos.server.NOSServer"

NOTE: NMSROOT in the above command is the path into which CiscoWorks was installed. For example, the default path is C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx (Windows) or /opt/CSCOpx (Solaris). This must be specified using the DOS filename convention.

Finally, restart CiscoWorks Daemon Management.

Thank you for the advice. I have changed the slashes and I have cancelled the .exe in several files and I have ran it like shell script, then I restarted the dmgtd daemon, but DFM doesn't work properly still.

Is it possible to check the correct re-registration of the NOSServer?

Or it is better solution to install new patch?

Thanks

Sarka Tesarova

Cisco Employee

I would install service pack 4 for DFM to resolve this issue. It corrects the problem and is easier than the commands listed.

I have updated DFM to version 2.0.4, but my problem persists still.When I want to display "Alerts and Activities" there is displayed error: HTTP status 500 Internal Server Error.

SNMP Trap Notification generates error, which is described in nos.log:

17-Jan-2006|02:53:41.907|ERROR|NOS|Ajp13Processor[9009][1]|NOSUtil|queryEvtSet|.|Error in calling - queryEvtSet from class NOSUtil:

com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "NOS-1.0" : Not found !!

There is one mistake in description of problem:

Eror page: HTTP status 500 Internal Server Error

is generated when I want start DFM -> Notification Services -> Notification Groups, (no in Alerts and Activities, that I wrote previously. Alerts and Activities is working properly).

Could you give me any advise?

Thank you

Sarka Tesarova

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content