cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM E-Mail Notification customization???

viswanathan123
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

I am using DFM 2.0.I am getting email alerts. But i need to format the subject of the Email message (to log a call in my our help desk).

Is it possible??? If so anybody please tell what need to be changed int he config file and which config file to be changed???

If there is no oprion for this then atleast tell me how to run a script on getting an alert in DFM ???

Please help

Regards

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

You can fine-tune your DFM email notifications and just send out emails on certain faults and events by customizing the email notifications. If you already configured your mail_notify and still getting unwanted notifications, it's possible that there's an

incorrect configuration and it does not really work.

Do the changes to the mail.notify file and follow these steps. After saving the attached mail_notify to your server, restart your Ciscoworks daemon:

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

(or /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop , /etc/init.d/dmgtd start if solaris)

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

The previous post regarding the mail_notify file was available in DFM 1.2 (pre LMS 2.5, DFM 2.0). While the file strucutre remains the same those files no longer allow you to customize email alerts. See BugID: CSCsb05159. One reason why I roled back to LMS 2.5. Sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: