Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DFM email notification setup

Hi All,

I have LMS 2.6 and DFM 2.0.10, configured email notification for one Subscription "INL" as sender address admin@ciscoworks.com to abc@royalgreenland.com
Recently I have configured another Subscription "POY" for another bunch of devices as sender "admin@ciscoworks.com" only to abc@intelligroup.com

I am receiving mails to abc@royalgreenland.com but not to abc@intelligroup.com

Can someone look into this issue and tell me what needs to be done.

Regards,

Jopeti

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: DFM email notification setup

Hi,

First thing I'd check is if you are generating alarms for "POY" in the Alerts and Activities. If they are present then I'd verify I can send email to abc@intelligroup.com from the LMS server. If you can then we will need to examine some files.

You can start troubleshooting by verifying the configuration of your second group.

Creating a Notification Subscription

To create a notification subscription, perform the following steps:

1.  If you want to monitor a specific set of events, create an event set that contains the events you want to monitor. Otherwise, all events and alerts will be monitored.
2.  Create a notification group that specifies the criteria DFM should use when generating notifications:

• One or more event sets (if no event set is specified, all events and alerts are monitored)
  • Devices, alert severity and status, and event severity and status

You can specify the notification group name, along with entering identifying information (using the Customer ID and Customer Revision fields).
3.  Create a subscription by doing the following:
    a.  Select the notification type (SNMP Trap, E-Mail, or Syslog).
    b.  Name the subscription and apply a notification group to it.
    c.  Specify the recipients (hostname, e-mail address).
    d.  Save the subscription. It will automatically start running.

Troubleshooting SMTP

From the LMS server, telnet to your SMTP server on TCP port 25, and make sure you can:

1.  Connect to the server

2.  Issue the following command:

HELO IP

Where IP is the IP address of the LMS server. The mailserver should grant you access to send email.

If that works, start a sniffer trace filtering on all tcp/25 traffic between the LMS server and the SMTP server. Generate new DFM events which should trigger email notifications, then check the sniffer trace to see what is happening.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have been trying to generate alerts for down switches. I have performed all the notification subscription steps, but for some reason, alerts are not generated when I take down a switch via reload. Is there something I am missing? I can’t seem to find how else to configure the alert for an unresponsive switch.

Thanks for your help

Adam

Silver

Hi,

Instead of a reload have you tried shutting an interface that is being actively monitored?

Nick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content