Helpful
Replies

DFM email notifications not working

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

My DFM eMail notifications not working.
I have checked the processes and they are running normal.

Can someone help me on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naidu.

4 Replies 4

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Assuming you have already configured notification, are the events which you should have received an email present in the Alerts and Display panel in DFM? DFM uses it's own SMTP. You can verify the setting by navigating to DFM > Config > Other Config > SMTP Default server.

Here is a link to 'Using Notification Services'

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/FabDb

Has the notification service ever worked? If so when was it first observed to be broken? What version of DFM are you running?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I have configured notification under DFM-->Notification Services
Are the events which you should have received an email present in the Alerts and Display panel in DFM?
YES (please find the attached screenshot for the same)

DFM uses it's own SMTP. You can verify the setting by navigating to DFM > Config > Other Config > SMTP Default server.
I applied the default SMTP server (my smpt server)

I am running DFM 2.0.10 version
And what notification service you are talking about, is it windows service / some process under Commonservices-->Admin-->Processes.

Please revert me if you need any infor to get fix this issue.

Regards,
Naidu.

Hi,

How do you have your notifications configured?

Here is a link to 'Using Notification Services':

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/6A3C8

And here is some general info:

Device Fault Manager

Polling and Threshold

The DFM Polling and Threshold function creates its own corresponding groups based on Common Services and DFM groups. These are:

* Polling groups that determine how often group members are polled for data.
* Threshold groups that determine acceptable levels of performance and utilization for group members.

You can perform this task from LMS Portal using the Polling and Thresholds page.
Select Device Fault Manager > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds.

Set up notifications

In addition to watching network conditions as they change on the Alerts and Activities display, you can use DFM notification services to automatically notify users and other systems when specific changes occur on selected devices.

You must create subscriptions for e-mail notifications, DFM-generated SNMP trap notifications, or Syslog notifications.
You can perform this task from LMS Portal using Device Fault Manager > Notification Services in the Notification Services page.
You can also change event names to names that are more meaningful to you, and these names will appear in the DFM displays and notifications.

Creating a Notification Subscription

1. If you want to monitor a specific set of events, create an event set that contains the events you want to monitor. Otherwise, all events and alerts will be monitored.
2. Create a notification group that specifies the criteria DFM should use when generating notifications:

• One or more event sets (if no event set is specified, all events and alerts are monitored)
  • Devices, alert severity and status, and event severity and status

You can specify the notification group name, along with entering identifying information (using the Customer ID and Customer Revision fields).
3. Create a subscription by doing the following:
    a. Select the notification type (SNMP Trap, E-Mail, or Syslog).
    b. Name the subscription and apply a notification group to it.
    c. Specify the recipients (hostname, e-mail address).
    d. Save the subscription. It will automatically start running.

Event Sets

Notification Services > Event Sets
Event sets are groups of the events you want to monitor. You can create up to nine event sets, labeled A through I.
After you have created an event set, you can apply as many of them as you want to a notification group, thereby tracking the specific events in which you are interested. If you do not specify an event set, DFM will monitor all events and alerts for notifications.

Add views to the Alerts and Activities Display

The Alerts and Activities display provides a consolidated real-time view of the operational status of your network.
When a fault occurs in your network, DFM generates an event (or events). All events occurring on the same device are rolled up into a single alert.
You can perform this task from LMS Portal using the Alerts and Activities Defaults page.
(Configuration > Other Configurations > Alerts and Activities Defaults).

Hi,

Today I observed a stragne that...

I resterated my LMS server and immediately dmf notifications working fine.

But RME syslog emails or working stopped after serve reboot (find the attached example one) untill server reboot they were working fine.

Dont now what exactly cuasing the issue.

Please suggest me what to do to fix this strange issue.

REgards,

Naidu.