cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM - Env (Fan) Alerts for Non-Capable Switches(2960)

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have quite a few 2960 (Running LAN-Base Image) that apparently do not support the OID for checking the Fan Status (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.4). I have run snmpwalk on this and nothing gets returned. They do support the other OIDs in the EnvMon MIB.

However DFM is apparently not smart enough to notice this and still generates an Event saying that "Fan is Not Ok". Why is that ?

I probably can add these 2960 switches into a customizable group and disable EnvMon checking but that will also disable the checking for Temp and Power ?

What could be a more decent solution for this ?

Thanks,

Naman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM uses the CISCO-STACK-MIB to query fan status (chassisFanStatus). It is probably returning 4 which could point to CSCsh15007. This bug was fixed in 12.2(35)SE1.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM uses the CISCO-STACK-MIB to query fan status (chassisFanStatus). It is probably returning 4 which could point to CSCsh15007. This bug was fixed in 12.2(35)SE1.

Correct. It is returning 4. I will try upgrading to the fixed version.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: