Cisco Support Community
Community Member

DFM is not performing correctly

A couple problems are going on with DFM. I loaded the lastest service pack and still have a few issues.

1. If I go to Device Fault Manager --> Alerts andd Activities... There is nothing else to drill doen into as suggested by the page, "Drill down into an alert and its corresponding event details using the Alerts and Activities "

2. If I go into Device Center --> Type in IP of Router in Search Box --> Click "go" I cannot view 24 hour change audits. I can get to the change audit report page but none of my router changes are displyed. Is there a setting I need to configure?

Community Member

Re: DFM is not performing correctly

First check whether your added devices are managed by DFM.It is not meant that all devices added in CS3.0 are managed by DFM.

To check this go to DFM -> Device management -> Device summary.Here it should show all your devices in the Known row. If it is other than that then trouble shoot it.

Even if your devices are managed (ie. in Known) if you are not getting alerts check whether snmp-server enable traps command is given in your devices.

After doing this try to shut down some interface or change anything , then u wil receive traps in DFM.

Also while viewing after clicking Alerts and activities wait for some time to load...

After few seconds u can see some alertes by clicking Alert ID link u can see the even ID and drill down the Event ID to see Event details with what fault actually occurred.

Hope this information is useful. or else revert back.

Community Member

Re: DFM is not performing correctly

I think you pointed me in the right direction. I am going to work off this and if I still have issues I will let the forum know. Thank you!

CreatePlease to create content