cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM issue with getting alerts

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco PIX Firewall 535 Version 6.3(4) and we have been having problems with this firewall restarting. It is being managed by DFM 3.0.3. We have not received a single alert or email in regards to this device. We have been shutting down and powering on this device the last couple of hours and not one alert has came in. Could someone please advise as to what I need to do?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Provided the firewall is in a Known state in DFM, nothing additional needs to be done. DFM should be managing it. You may want to check your polling and threshold parameters to make sure the device is being managed as you desire.

Hi Thanks for the response.

The device is still stuck in a learning state....I applied the DFMInChargeSubscriber.class patch thinking that would resolve the problem, but it didn't.

These are the steps I followed:

1.- c:\net stop crmdmgtd

2.- Take a backup of your original file, and replace with the attached, you can find it under:

\CSCOpx\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\vhm\inventorycollector

3.-Start CW again

Win: c:\net start crmdmgtd

I really hope by upgrading to LMS 3.1 next weekend really resolves this problem with DFM.

There is an official patch for this on Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm . The bug is CSCsi01966. This only fixes the bug where a device hangs in learning state at 40%, then goes to Questioned. Any other learning percentage would not be fixed by this.