cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM issue with not getting email alerts

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cisco 6509's in our current environment and we noticed the gigabit interfaces are not managed by default. I managed the interface that I wanted and purposely shutdown the interface on the device to see if we get alerted. Unfortunately we did not.....what should I do to ensure we get email alerts via DFM and email?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ports which are not connected to other DFM managed devices are not managed by default. They are considered access ports.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What exactly did you do to manage the interfaces?

In Detailed Device View for those devices>under interface Status>ports all the gigabitethernet interfaces managed state is set to false. So I managed gi 7/46. Shut down the redundant vc link to that interface and never got alerted that interface was down.

This is incomplete. Now you need to go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes, and apply your changes. After that, you should be good to go.

Thanks for the info.....any ideas as to why those interface are set to an unmanaged state by default? I assuming I will have to enable them on a one-per-one basises correct?

Ports which are not connected to other DFM managed devices are not managed by default. They are considered access ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: