Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DFM learning state

I install CiscoWorks 2.5.1, upgrade to 2.6 and upgrade the DFM to 2.0.7. I restore the backup of my old CiscoWorks and DFM 1.2 to the new machine.

Everything work except that in DFM-> Device summary, all device are in learning mode. It's been three days they are learning. Anybody have a clue ?

I must said that I change the IP of the new server and take care to change the name of the server in CiscoWorks (certificate, ...)

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DFM learning state

Try the steps listed in http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc993d and see if they help. We have seen a few cases where after the upgrade, devices get stuck in a learning state. Clearing out the DFM databases usually resolves this.

Beyond that, make sure the fully-qualified hostname for your server resolves to the correct IP address. If it does not, add the fully-qualified name to DNS or the server's local hosts file.

Community Member

I try to reinitialize the DFM database, as explain. No result, my devices are still in learning mode. If I go to device management-> rediscover/delete, the data collector status of a device stay at 90 %

The old name (during installation) and new name of the server are in the DNS and local host file.

My installation is a remote upgrade to LMS 2.5.1 and after LMS 2.6. Every module (RME, CM, Ciscoview and IPM) are working very well.

Anybody have an idea why DFM keep device in learning state ?

Cisco Employee

When you changed the server hostname, what steps did you follow?

Community Member

After many days with some defect module (DFM especially) of CiscoWorks, I reinstall my CiscoWorks server with the hostname and IP thay I want. Now, everything work wonderfully. The lesson I have learn is : If you install CiscoWorks remote on a new sever be sure the final hostname and IP are good ! Seriously, I should have close the old CiscoWorks server and put the IP and name on the new one. Hope it can help some people.

Cisco Employee

Just for future reference, you can change the hostname or IP of LMS after install as long as you follow the steps in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008022f962.html#wp1078582

This will update all necessary files to make sure LMS functions properly after the change

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content