cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM/LMS 2.6- more custom groups/alerting config questions

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like DFM treats MSFCs and/or 6509 modules as they would any interface. If one goes dark, its "operationallydown".

I need to segregate and re-classify these alerts for these modules so that I can set up a separate notification group for them (different recipients). I'm not sure how to define a CARD in a custom group argument, anyone done this before?

The Event Description is:

OperationallyDown::Component=CARD-CAT6509/16 [wsf6kmsfc(207), -- Multilayer switch feature card-MSFC Secondary];SystemName=CAT6509;Status=CRITICAL;StandbyStatus=OTHER_STANDBY;Description=wsf6kmsfc(207), -- Multilayer switch feature card;

thanks!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot create a group to match on this event. DFM only allows group customization on devices, ports, and interfaces. However, MSFCs can be managed as standalone devices. You could add them as devices to DCR, and then let DFM manage them for reachability.

Alternatively, if the switch is sending syslog messages for MSFC problems, you could use RME and syslog automated actions to send notifications when a card goes down.