Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

DFM Notification Groups creatios problems

Hi, I'm having problems with DFM Notification Services. When I want to create a new group I must select the devices, but the selection space is totally blank....

There's an attachment to know what I'm talking about.

1 REPLY

Re: DFM Notification Groups creatios problems

I've found information in Bug Toolkit about olders DFM versions with the same problem, but it suposed to be fixed:

CSCsh74986 Bug Details

Notification device selector may be empty

Symptom:

The Device Selector under Device Fault Manager > Notification Services > Notification Groups > Add appears empty (i.e. there are no folders seen). Additionally, the following exception will be seen in the DFMDeviceSelector.log:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.devsel.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.filterMDFGroups(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.devsel.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.filterMDFGroups(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.devsel.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.getNextLevelDeviceTypeGroupEntries(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.devsel.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.getNextLevelNodes(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.devsel.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.getGroupsAndObjects(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.devsel.DeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.getTreeEntries(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.kdm.utils.NosDeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.getTreeEntries(NosDeviceSelectorTreeGenerator.java:101)

at com.cisco.nm.uii.hos.HOSRequestHelper.generateParameterEntries(HOSRequestHelper.java:4633)

at com.cisco.nm.uii.hos.HOSRequestHelper.constructHOSTree(HOSRequestHelper.java:1015)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.nos.action.NGroup.perform(NGroup.java:107)

Conditions:

This typically occurs when there are wireless devices such as the Wireless LAN Solution Engine managed by DFM. However, other devices may trigger the same behavior.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

Status

Fixed

Severity

Last Modified

In Last month

Product

CiscoWorks Device Fault Manager

Technology

1st Found-In

2.0(6)