Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM notifications not sent on SOME devices

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've come to find that recent newly added devices seem to generate alerts and events correctly in DFM but no emails are sent.

DFM 2.0.12, was on 2.0.11 but the same behavior is still occurring.

These devices are the same models already managed and do show up in groups, etc. They are 3750 and 6509 series switches.

I am still receiving alerts from any existing devices as configured, its just these new devices that I've added in the past 4-5 weeks.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If these are new devices, does your notification group include them?

That was an easy one, thanks.

Is this standard or should new devices automatically be added to the group when you already have the parent device type/group checked?

New devices do not get added automatically since the notification group selector is a device selector and not a group selector.

If you set DYNAMIC_NOTIF_GROUPS to 1 in NMSROOT/objects/nos/config/nos.properties, then your notification groups will be dynamic.

Awesome info, thanks Jclarke. Can you tell me what this line does in the same file? SEND_NOTIF_ON_START=0

Every time NOSServer starts it, it will resend notifications for all events in AAD. By default, this is disabled.

rtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

Did you see them listed in DFM or in CS or RME? Do you have your auto import filters turned on enabling dcr devices to be automatically added to DFM?

yes, they were fully integrated into everything as they should have been just weren't specifically added or "checked" in my notification group settings. Even though I had checked "all switches".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: