Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DFM PtoP backup interfaces

Sorry if this has already been asked but I did not get any hits on searches...

I am having a hard time setting the Thresholds for my backup BRI interfaces. For our remote plants, we have Point-to-Point T1's in place and have ISDN BRI or PRI for backup. How do I setup the Thresholds so it will only alert me when the Backup interface is utilized? Within Polling and Thresholds, I have configured all the ISDN interfaces with the Backup Interface Threshold Category and left the default setting at 0. However, Alerts and Activities still reports these interfaces as Unresponsive which would be accurate since they are not active but I only want alerted when they are active. What should I be doing? Do I need to modify the Threshold settings on the Serial Interfaces?

1 REPLY

Re: DFM PtoP backup interfaces

Never mind. I wasnt applying my settings after making changes. In addition I had over configured the thresholds on the interfaces. Appears all I had to do was set the ISDN D-Channel to a Backup device and most my alerts cleared.

Views
Helpful
Replies