cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Reporting Duplicate IP

qlgendrano
Level 1
Level 1

DFM 2.0.6 is reporting a duplicate IP address alert that has been cleared from the device long time ago. This alert appeared on the previous version of DFM, it was a legitimate alert then. The IP address was removed from both devices already and yet DFM is still reporting it as duplicate, eventhough it doesn't exist on any of the reported devices anymore. Upgrading to the latest DFM version also didn't help.

Does anybody know how to clear this?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some alerts have a tendency not to clear on their own. Since you now have DFM 2.0.6, you can manually clear these alerts. To do this, drill into the alert from the AAD screen, and click the Clear button.

Thanks for the reply.

I've manually cleared that couple of times but it still shows up after a day or two.

In the old version of DFM, I purge it through EPM but it reappears after a while.

Then drill into the alert, and look at the associated event(s). Check the config for the interfaces that apparently have a duplicate IP, and make sure the IP address is not configured on the interface. Note: it is not sufficient to just have the interface shutdown. The address must not be present.

Note: it may be necessary to poll the ipAddrTable to get the same information that DFM sees.

I am having a little difficulty locating the AAD screen and the clear button to manually clear the alerts, as I am having the same issue with the duplicate ip address.

If I were to do the following:

net stop crmdmgtd

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

net start crmdmgtd

Would that work, if not what could fix this problem.

No, that would not work. The Clear button is only available in DFM 2.0.6 and higher. The AAD screen is the Alerts and Activities Display (the main DFM dashboard).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: