cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM server stops intermittently

vaibhav.gurav
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS server 2.6 with DFM server 2.0.13 installed, I am facing a recurring problem on the same. The DFM server stops intermittently and the reason provided is "Administrator has shut down the server"

As per the log it appears to be crashing, but am unable to find why it is crashing.

I have enclosed the log files.

Following are the notification configured on the server.

email-notification :- 2 groups(approx 400 devices) sending mails to arround 10 email id in total

snmp-trap notification :- 2 groups(approx 400 devices) forwarding traps to HPOV

Regards

Vijay Sequeira

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something is wrong with the trap receiver.  Either you're sending too many traps to DFM, or there is a malformed trap.  It looks like the former.  DFM is running out of memory.  How many traps are you sending to DFM?  How many devices is DFM managing?  How much memory is on this server?

DFM is managing 1400 devices in which CiscoWorks is configured as a Trap destination , System has 4 GB of RAM,

Is there some way I can filter Traps?

Regards

Vijay Sequeira

About how many traps are you sending to DFM?  You can't filter the traps, but you can disable the trap listener temporarily.  Just set the trap listening port to be something other than 162.  That should cause DFM to stop processing the traps, and things should stabilize.  If they do, you will have to either add more memory, or split the managed devices up onto other servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: