cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM

itssnsu07
Level 1
Level 1

i have put in place DFM2.0 enabling all the traps in each device. i have also set the threshold with a higher value to avoid excessive error messages, but i still get lots of alerts which has become dificult to isolate the real problem. Would you please assist on having the best practice for traps to be enabled on the switches and also the threshold setting?

Thank You very much and Kind Regards,

Genet T.

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Here is the URL for the Alerts and Activity Display for DFM 2.0, follow the URL for the configuration and troubleshooting :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/2.0/user/guide/useAAD.html

Thank You Very much. Yes this helps for coniguring all the settings. the problem i am facing is after making all configuration settings based on the user guide.

there are lots of alerts generated which makes it hard to analyze, alerts like "Authentication Failure", "OutofRange", "STP Topology Change".

What is the best practice to configure on the threshold setting so as to have an effective alert.

Thank You and Kind Regards,

Genet T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: