cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different views under campus manager

rpsunbeam
Level 1
Level 1

under network view/layer 2 I have a different amount of devices than I do under Topology groups/campus/all devices.

How can this be?

Specifically, I have new devices that I've added that show up in the layer 2 view but not in the campus/all devices view.. it is very strange.

anyone run across this and how did you resolve it?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen this in the past, more so with earlier versions of Campus Manager 4.0. I have not seen it occur since LMS 2.6. You should be seeing some errors in the CampusOGSServer.log or CampusOGSClient.log.

Resolving this depends on the errors being seen. Sometimes it is necessary to clear out the CampusOGS tables in the cmf database. Other times, a simple restart of the CampusOGSServer clears things up.

You may also want to manually create a Campus group with the rule:

:Campus:OGS:Device.OID equals "ANY"

See if this group matches all your devices. This is the same rule used internally by OGS to build the All Devices group.

Nothing in the client log, but this was in the ogsserver log.

I've rebooted and updated to 4.0.7, it looks like there is some sort of user defined group? I've looked under the campus view and there is no such user defined group. Basically the two items that I see below.

[ Thu Nov 09 11:18:42 EST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache update Error while updating cache: /Campus@bocfl-cworks/User Defined Groups/OrlandoSitesOnly: Application error: -- = is not a valid operator of variable DiscoveryStatus of object type Device

[ Thu Nov 09 11:18:42 EST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.ASABaseImpl evaluateRule Exception occurred in the formQuery(OGSSecurityContext, task, filter, rule, attributeList) of ASABaseImpl

[ Thu Nov 09 11:18:42 EST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache evaluateGroupRule Error getting members from ASA: -- = is not a valid operator of variable DiscoveryStatus of object type Device

[ Tue Nov 07 15:22:13 EST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.genericsqlasa.SQLQueryGenerator getDataFromDataBase Error occurred in evaluating the sql Query Error occurred in evaluating the sql Query java.sql.SQLException: Could not establish DB connectivity java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.lang.Exception: Error occurred in evaluating the sql Query java.sql.SQLException: Could not establish DB connectivity java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.genericsqlasa.CMFEvaluator.executeQuery(CMFEvaluator.java:52)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.genericsqlasa.SQLQueryGenerator.getDataFromDataBase(SQLQueryGenerator.java:5155)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.genericsqlasa.SQLQueryGenerator.formQueryFromComplexExpression(SQLQueryGenerator.java:4249)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.genericsqlasa.SQLQueryGenerator.formQuery(SQLQueryGenerator.java:296)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.ASABaseImpl.evaluateRule(ASABaseImpl.java:437)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.evaluateRule(GroupCache.java:1702)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.evaluateGroupRule(GroupCache.java:875)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.getMembers(GroupCache.java:823)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.recomputeMembership(GroupCache.java:285)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.update(GroupCache.java:777)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.BasicCacheUpdater.updateCache(BasicCacheUpdater.java:60)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.pUpdateHierarchy(GroupCache.java:689)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache.updateHierarchy(GroupCache.java:648)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCacheImpl.initializeUpdaters(GroupCacheImpl.java:235)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.SchemaRepository.initializeCacheUpdaters(SchemaRepository.java:151)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.OGSImpl.initialize(OGSImpl.java:69)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.OGSServer.main(OGSServer.java:74)

I imagine the database connectivity issue is transient, else you'd have much more severe problems. The other problem is indicative of an old CM bug (CSCsd89046). You should be able to delete, and redefine this group, and the error will go away.

What happened when you tried creating a group with the OGS rule I mentioned?

ok, help me here...

where am i redefining this?

Under Campus Manager > Administration > Groups.

ok, I actually tried that already, it comes up with the same view.

I'm also getting a 500 error in the groups view.. but it let me define a new one.. just can't see it to delete it now..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: