cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

diffrence in snmp RO and RW string for discovery in Cisci LMS?

i am using cisco LMS 2.6. Is it possible to discover devices through SNMP RW string?

as LMS is not doing so. is is deffendable for me to have two strings RO and RW for discovery

of the devices ?

2 Replies 2

Hi Pradeep,

RW is generally used, where you want to set certain variables on route remotely.

for example, if you want to reload router/switch remotely, or say you want to logout telent user remotely or say clear the interface stats, etc.

RO will only read the value.

As per your setting RW should work. If it is not working, then there must be some configuration issue. Either on LMS or router.

To start with compare the community string what  you have configured on router and what you are using on LMS.

HTH,

Smitesh

Dear when i use RO snmp string, there is discovery of all the router/switch on the network.

if i want to use only RW snmp string for discovery it is not working in Cisco LMS 2.6.

is it a flaw in LMS or we cant use RW string for discovery purpose in Cisco LMS.

thank for above info..

regards

Pardeep  Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco