cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disabling some alerts

ariesc_33
Level 1
Level 1

i keep on receiving the exceededmaximumuptime alert. i already increased the threshold for this but there are still this alert that populates the DFM window. is there a way to disable this alert other than increasing the threshold? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if you have enabled that optional setting for this group. By checking that box, no thresholds will be enabled for all interfaces in this group. By default, Backup interfaces only have the "Backup interface support settings" enabled.

However, if you set the threshold value to 0 for Maximum uptime, that will effectively disable that particular threshold.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can disable the threshold for the Maximum Uptime group for the associated interface under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds.

Hi jclarke!

If i am going to tick "Disable All Threshold Settings for This Group: Backup interface support settings" wouldnt this disable also the interface utilization threshold?

Thanks...

Yes, if you have enabled that optional setting for this group. By checking that box, no thresholds will be enabled for all interfaces in this group. By default, Backup interfaces only have the "Backup interface support settings" enabled.

However, if you set the threshold value to 0 for Maximum uptime, that will effectively disable that particular threshold.

REad it in the manual.

Thanks jclarke!

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Are the interfaces for which you get these alerts actualy dialup interfaces?

DFM has a long time problem where it sees any ppp connection as a dialup, even on fixed serial lines.

There are ways to get certain interfaces out of the dialup group but it's not so easy.

Cheers,

Michel

I am receiving them from subinterfaces.

Thanks for responses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: