cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discover devices on DFM (3.0)

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

In the DCR, all network devices alreday are added normally. But I could not find them on DFM. The status of all devices is questioned. Although I tried to import DCR Devices into DFM manually according to DFM document, it did not work.From "Device Import", I did not see any devices. It looks like communications issue between DFM and DCR.

I also tried to rediscover these qestioned devices, and then they were added into learning status. But all of them are showing " Discovery Progress = 40% completed".

Could you give me some advice about that please? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are running LMS 3.0.1 with DFM 3.0.3. Then go to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm , and download the patch for CSCsi01966. That should fix this problem for you.

Actually our LMS version is 3.0 and DFM is 3.0 as well. Do we need upgrade them for this patch? I just downloaded this patch according to your link. This is .tar file. How to deploy it on the Windows System?

Thanks again!

You will need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 and DFM 3.0.3 first. LMS 3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 , and DFM 3.0.3 can be downloaded via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update after you have LMS 3.0.1 installed.

You will need something that can extract a tar archive. WinZip can do this.

I have some questions. we have 530 devices in the questioned status. currently we are running DFM 3.0.2. I can I get these devices out of the questioned status?

If you follow the suggestions in this thread, you can resolve this. If you have further questions, please start a new thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: