Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovery in LMS 3.2

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Am not able to discover the devices in LMS 3.2. I have tried many ways but could'nt?? I have been through common services user guide 3.3 but no results.

I added manually 2 devices they were added successfully.but automatic discovery could'nt happen by any of the modules of discovery.

The steps i took to discover:

1) Manually added the switch where the LMS is connected and it came in DCR.

2)I choose CDP module and DCR seed device to discover but nothing found other than the one.

Thanks,

19 Replies 19

The reason these devices are unreachable is that you have not configured an SNMP target range for them in Discovery.  Add SNMP credentials for 10.28.40.* in Discovery's SNMP Settings page, then they should become reachable.

Hi clarke,

The SNMP filter is open for all devices,Attached are the logs for packet capture,what i can see is the LMS is requesting to unreacheable devices with SNMP string  but the devices are not responding,though the devices are configured by snmp string.what can be the reason????

What community string do you see being used in the sniffer trace?  Post the show runs of these devices along with the sniffer trace illustrating the problem.

Clarke, the sniffer trace shows the string iTaNdCRO which is configured on the devices.attached snmp configs of two unreacheable devices,10.28.70.9 and 10.28.70.10.

Clarke let u inform these devices are MDS 9513 SAN switches,am not sure SNMP could reach here.Becz when i ping within the SAN switch subnet(10.28.70.0) it allows the ping but outside the ping it does'nt .

The sniffer trace is the same attached before you will find these SAN switches.

Thanks

If you cannot poll these devices via SNMP from the LMS server, then contact your network/firewall team, and have them open connectivity for you.