Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovery Issuse on Cisco LMS v.2.6

Paul Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My device discovery has suddenly stopped working - as in it fails to start when prompted and just goes straight back to an idle state.

Looking in the discovery.log file I have the entries below....

2007/02/09 15:01:13 main MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from d:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

2007/02/09 15:01:13 main MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from d:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

2007/02/09 15:01:13 main FATAL ERROR ServiceModule: undefined property: ServiceModuleList

Anyone know how to recover from this error?

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like a problem with your DeviceDiscover.properties file

Lets try the following:

1. Stop the daemon managerbefore doing this,

net stop crmdmgtd

2. Go to CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\

The DeviceDiscovery.properties looks to be corrupted and we need to fix it

3. Please rename DeviceDiscovery.properties to DeviceDiscovery.properties.backup

4. Then rename DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig to DeviceDiscovery.properties

Please keep a copy of DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig in case you have to ever do it again.

Edit the DeviceDiscovery.properties now

by opening with WordPad and look for the following:

DEVICESROOT=

DEVICESPACKAGE=com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devices

DeviceConfigFile=devices.xml

And change it to:

DEVICESROOT=C:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

DEVICESPACKAGE=com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devices

DeviceConfigFile=devices.xml

5. Start the daemons

net start crmdmgtd

Wait for the daemons to start and see if you get the same error

Hi

Of course this means that all my subnets and seed devices will be lost - is there a way to recover them, or do I need to enter them again?

Not a real hassle if I have to enter them as I have been wanting to tidy them up for ages. BTW I noted from another post that had a similar issue that the corruption occurs when you have 200+ seed devices (I had about 220 as of yesterday, but only 180 the day before when LMS last worked).

Thanks

Hi

Of course this means that all my subnets and seed devices will be lost - is there a way to recover them, or do I need to enter them again?

Not a real hassle if I have to enter them as I have been wanting to tidy them up for ages. BTW I noted from another post that had a similar issue that the corruption occurs when you have 200+ seed devices (I had about 220 as of yesterday, but only 180 the day before when LMS last worked).

Thanks