Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovery problems with DFM 3.0

Hi friends.

I have DFM 3.0, and I'm having problems to discover devices, all of them (switchs, routers, AP, ETC) stay in "Learning" state. I don't have problems with the others modules. I've checked the devices credentials and It's OK.

This is an example:

IP Address = 10.101.0.11

DNS Name = 10.101.0.11

Device Status = Learning

Device Type = N/A

Aliases = N/A

Containments = N/A

DFM Processing = N/A

Time Last Discovered = N/A

Import Time Stamp = 26-Dec-2007 07:26:24

*** Data Collector Status Information ***

Discovery Progress = 10% completed

Error Code = N/A

Error Message = N/A

24 Replies 24

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On what platform is LMS installed?

On LMS 3.0

I meant installed on Windows or Solaris.

Sorry... It's running on Windows Server 2003.

Do you have .NET 2.0 SP1 installed on this server?

.NET 2.0 is not istalled on the server.

A learning state of 10% implies a problem with the DfmServer processes. Please post the output of pdshow as well as the number of sm_server, sm_authority, and brstart processes running. Also, post the NMSROOT\objects\smarts\local\logs\brstart.log, DFM.log, and DFM1.log.

OK, there's a .txt with the output of pdshow and the loggs files.

Processes:

sm_server 4

sm_authority 3

brstart 2

brstart.log in the next post.

The pdshow.txt file is actually an IOS config snippet. Please repost the pdshow. Also, please provide the output of:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl

Where is the fully-qualified domain name of this server as seen under My Computer > Properties > Computer Name > Full computer name

OK, here is the output and the pdshow:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\resolver.pl arpalnet03

Original name: arpalnet03

Hostnames/IP Addresses:

arpalnet03/10.101.5.211

Nothing problematic so far. Please post the contents of the NMSROOT\log\dfmLogs\TIS and cfi directories. You will need to compress these.

OK.

I do not see any recent errors in these logs that would account for this problem. In fact, the only thing that troubles me so far is that the server is configured for a non-US English locale which is not supported.

There is some additional debugging that can be enabled, but it is not straight-forward, and it would be better for you to work with TAC to enable this in case something goes wrong.

OK, thanks for you time. I'll contact the TAC.

Bye..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: