Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovery problems with DFM 3.0

Hi friends.

I have DFM 3.0, and I'm having problems to discover devices, all of them (switchs, routers, AP, ETC) stay in "Learning" state. I don't have problems with the others modules. I've checked the devices credentials and It's OK.

This is an example:

IP Address = 10.101.0.11

DNS Name = 10.101.0.11

Device Status = Learning

Device Type = N/A

Aliases = N/A

Containments = N/A

DFM Processing = N/A

Time Last Discovered = N/A

Import Time Stamp = 26-Dec-2007 07:26:24

*** Data Collector Status Information ***

Discovery Progress = 10% completed

Error Code = N/A

Error Message = N/A

24 Replies 24

OK, thanks for you time. I'll contact the TAC.

Bye..

I am having this same issue, some devices are "known", others are "learning" and others are "unknown". I've tried deleting/re-adding, increasing SNMP timeout, etc. I opened a TAC case and so far not much help there. TAC did not mention anything about .NET 2.0 SP1 - is that a requirement for DFM?? I am running LMS 3.0 with Windows 2003 Server SP2.

There is a known bug if .NET 2.0 SP1 is installed on the server (it will be found under the Add/Remove Programs control panel). If it is installed, newly added devices will hang at 10%, and DFM will not work. The workaround is to uninstall .Net 2.0 SP1 from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, and restart dmgtd.

J,

I don't have .NET 2.0 SP1 installed on my server. I am stuck on this issue, I was able to delete/rediscover the devices and initially all devices were in known state. Since then (few days ago), 200 devices have gone back into "questioned" state while 93 remain known. Any idea of what could be happening here?

J,

I looked at the server and I see hundreds of entries in the event view like this:

The description for Event ID ( 16640 ) in Source ( InCharge ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: [08-Jan-2008 9:35:34 AM+704ms] t@9896 Discovery #8

ADTM-E-AD_EACCESSADDRESS-While discovering 'Willow_6504_2', Qualified access

address not found

I have this entry for every device that is questioned (approx 200 devices). Can you tell what this might relate to?

This error comes from the EMC side of DFM, so I do not know for certain, but it sounds like Willow_6504_2 is not a resolvable hostname. You should raise this with your TAC engineer, and have them follow up with developers to get an exact meaning.

brstart.log

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? If so, can you please let me know what it is? I'm having the same issue.

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Let me know if you found a fix please?

Thanks