cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS error on LMS 2.6 installation

samannin
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing LMS 2.6 on a server(HPDL360-G5). I don't have the network interface connected to a live connection. When I try to install Common Services it gives me a DNS error "Name lookup, Name Lookup failure for server XXX please configure and they try installation" what is going on?

1 Reply 1

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sandy,

you have no network connection? Thats the problem since LMS needs the loopback address for many internal communication and of course as a network (!) management software it needs one IP address.

;-)

Just bring one ethernet interface up and connect it to a switch. LMS does a nslookup with the installation and has found no ip address. Therefore the Servername cannot be found.

You do not have to connect the LMS to a production LAN but to a single witch without connection to the rest of your network may work for the installation.

But i do not see the sense here. After installing you may have the need to change the IP address of your server. How do you test the LMS without a network device?

Have a lot of fun.

;-)

Best regards,

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco