Views
Helpful
Replies

Does PI 2.1 support full syslog?

omer shtivi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently installed cisco PI 2.1, with the hope that a full syslog will be available due to the bug: 

CSCud66666

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11645481/prime-infrastructure-12-syslog

But we didn't saw in the release notes any refernce to syslog.

Is there any news?

Best regards,

Omer Shtivi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK ... unfortunately  , this issue is not fixed yet :(

You can run a tcpdump command on port UDP 514 in PI, and should be able to see the incoming syslog messages. Again, only the ones with severity 0, 1 or 2 will be processed. 

From the root shell, run "tcpdump udp port 514", use Ctrl-C to exit.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omer,

I don't see any update regarding the Syslog BUG in the release notes for PI 2.1 :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-1/release/notes/cpi_rn.html

it is still unclear , as soon as I have any update on this.. I will update the thread .

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK ... unfortunately  , this issue is not fixed yet :(

You can run a tcpdump command on port UDP 514 in PI, and should be able to see the incoming syslog messages. Again, only the ones with severity 0, 1 or 2 will be processed. 

From the root shell, run "tcpdump udp port 514", use Ctrl-C to exit.

Thanks-

Afroz