Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Does PI 2.1 support full syslog?

Hello,

We recently installed cisco PI 2.1, with the hope that a full syslog will be available due to the bug: 

CSCud66666

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11645481/prime-infrastructure-12-syslog

But we didn't saw in the release notes any refernce to syslog.

Is there any news?

Best regards,

Omer Shtivi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

AFAIK ... unfortunately  ,

AFAIK ... unfortunately  , this issue is not fixed yet :(

You can run a tcpdump command on port UDP 514 in PI, and should be able to see the incoming syslog messages. Again, only the ones with severity 0, 1 or 2 will be processed. 

From the root shell, run "tcpdump udp port 514", use Ctrl-C to exit.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Omer, I don't see any

Hi Omer,

I don't see any update regarding the Syslog BUG in the release notes for PI 2.1 :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-1/release/notes/cpi_rn.html

it is still unclear , as soon as I have any update on this.. I will update the thread .

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Cisco Employee

AFAIK ... unfortunately  ,

AFAIK ... unfortunately  , this issue is not fixed yet :(

You can run a tcpdump command on port UDP 514 in PI, and should be able to see the incoming syslog messages. Again, only the ones with severity 0, 1 or 2 will be processed. 

From the root shell, run "tcpdump udp port 514", use Ctrl-C to exit.

Thanks-

Afroz

Views
Helpful
Replies