Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Domain name change for all devices!! all in one

Hi folks..

in LMS2.6, anybodies know how I can change the Domain Name (about identity device) for 3000 devices with one cli command o with while cli command script?

TKS

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use the dcrcli tool to do this. You will need to export the current DCR device list, modify the domain name field (a simple replace all should do), then re-import the resulting list. The dcrcli commands will be:

NMSROOT/bin/dcrcli -u exp fn=dcr.csv ft=csv

NMSROOT/bin/dcrcli -u impFile fn=dcr.csv ft=csv cr=file

To avoid being prompted for a password, you will need to set the DCRCLIFILE environment variable first. The value points to a file that has the username and password of the specified above separated by a space. For example:

admin admin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use the dcrcli tool to do this. You will need to export the current DCR device list, modify the domain name field (a simple replace all should do), then re-import the resulting list. The dcrcli commands will be:

NMSROOT/bin/dcrcli -u exp fn=dcr.csv ft=csv

NMSROOT/bin/dcrcli -u impFile fn=dcr.csv ft=csv cr=file

To avoid being prompted for a password, you will need to set the DCRCLIFILE environment variable first. The value points to a file that has the username and password of the specified above separated by a space. For example:

admin admin

ok thanks.. I had suppose this solution

have a nice day

Leonard

Hi Joe,

another question about this post:

I done this procedure, but now I need to syncronize the DCR db with the DFM db and the RME db.

This because the DCR have all questioned devices and the syslogs into RME doesn't appear.

Any ideas?

TKS a lot!!

Leonardo

Once DCR is updated, all of the other applications are automatically updates as well. You will have to run a re-discovery in DFM, and an inventory collection in RME if the devices have never been contacted before.

Tks!

another question:

in the "Export" procedure, is it possible to export also the user defined fields?.

I exported data by DCR, but no UDR are in my csv file!

Have a nice day!

Leonardo

This is not done by default, but you can enable it. You have to modify the template XML file in order to do this. This is tricky, but detailed in the online help at

http://server/help/cmf/dcr_export.html. The user-defined field names start with user_defined_field_0, and go to user_defined_field_9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: