Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dotted lines in topology services

Hi,

I'm not sure what does a dotted line mean in topology services maps.

I'm looking in the docs and it says they are links "not in network" but I don't understand this concept... is it a trunk?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dotted lines in topology services

yes, just right-click on the line and select 'delete'; you can run a new 'Data Collection' for one of the devices that had that link (right-click on the device) after the Data collection has finished and the link does not reappear it is finally gone . - if not, check the output of the command 'show cdp neigh'.

4 REPLIES
Blue

generally speaking, a dotted line means that Campus cannot detect a link where it has detected one in a preceding Data Collection; eg an interconnection between 2 devices has been removed (cable unplugged)

So I could delete this dotted line and it wouldn't appear again, isn't it?

yes, just right-click on the line and select 'delete'; you can run a new 'Data Collection' for one of the devices that had that link (right-click on the device) after the Data collection has finished and the link does not reappear it is finally gone . - if not, check the output of the command 'show cdp neigh'.

Views
Helpful
Replies