cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Download to Software Repository fails

olsonc0510
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks sucks. I get one step forward, then two steps back on every function. I am trying to download software from Cisco.com to the software repository. The job fails with the following: "User Error: Invalid data directory. Recommended Action: Verify that the directory exists" Of course, it doesn't tell you what directory it is trying to access. Anybody know?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok it's working now.

In the file repository.properties

I replace the line :

repository.imagedir=C\:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx_DATADIR\\rme\\repository\\

with

repository.imagedir=C\:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/files/rme/repository/

olsonc don't forget the last'/'

Thx all :-)

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Check this file out:

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\repository\common\repository.properties

What does it say for repository.imagedir ?

repository.imagedir=d\:\\CSCOpx_DATADIR\\rme\\repository\\

However,the default directory structure is as shown:

D:\CSCOpx\files\rme\repository

I tried to force that in the RME Admin-view/edit software preferences but it claims the directory doesn't exist. Which one should I change?

Open a DOS shell and issue the command:

net stop crmdmgtd

edit the file (using Wordpad) and modfy the line to be:

repository.imagedir=d\:/CSCOpx/files/rme/repository

Save it as text

net start crmdmgtd

Did that, now I get a different error message:

"Error: You do not have write permission on current data directory. Recommended Action: Ask your system administrator to verify the write permissions for this directory or select another directory."

Permissions showed Admins and casuser having full control. Just for kicks, I added "everyone" and gave them write access. I still got the above error.

As a final test, I created another directory, gave the appropriate users write access and it STILL fails!

Since we have no idea what directory it is trying to write to, check the d:\CSCOpx\log\swim_debug.log file

If the job was already created, then the log files to look at would be under d:\CSCOpx\files\rme\swim\job-id

See a portion of the output below.The first error is:"Failed to construct the FileManager Object"

[ Fri Sep 30 08:38:55 CDT 2005 ],DEBUG,[Thread-3],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.common.FileManager,,?,Checking if the image directory d:\CSCOpx\files\rme\repository\ exists in the system.

[ Fri Sep 30 08:38:55 CDT 2005 ],DEBUG,[Thread-3],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.LocalRMERepository,,?,Failed to construct the FileManager Object. null

[ Fri Sep 30 08:38:55 CDT 2005 ],ERROR,[Thread-3],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.RepositoryAdminSvc,getRepository,?,Caught Repository Exception. Error Message = com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.common.RepositoryException

[ Fri Sep 30 08:38:55 CDT 2005 ],DEBUG,[Thread-3],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.swim.slim.ImportServiceThread,run,352,Failed to add image to LocalRepository Error Msg = null

[ Fri Sep 30 08:38:55 CDT 2005 ],DEBUG,[Thread-3],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.swim.slim.ImportServiceThread,run,388,Failed to add to one or more repositories

When I try to add the directory in software mgt./view/edit preferences I get the same error message that is output on the job file. It doesn't matter what directory I put in.

olsonc0510,

I've the exactly same error. Do you use ACS with your LMS2.5 like me ?

Anybody know?

No. We are smaller and do not have an ACS so it must be something else. I will probably open a case on this. I'll keep you informed of progress. If you come up with anything, please let me know.

CO

ok it's working now.

In the file repository.properties

I replace the line :

repository.imagedir=C\:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx_DATADIR\\rme\\repository\\

with

repository.imagedir=C\:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/files/rme/repository/

olsonc don't forget the last'/'

Thx all :-)

Thanks ysolan!!! You were right, the last / is crucial.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco