Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DS3 throughput

I have a Point to Point DS3, one side connects to a PA-2T3 on a 6509, the other side connects to a PA-T3+ on a 7204VXR.

I am seeing some strange traffic patterns when using solar winds bandwidth guages for polling the interface.

I'll see the traffic toggle every 3 seconds between ~2Mb then 30+Mb. It is consistent behavior all day. One tick shows very minimal traffic, the next tick shows very high traffic utilization.

My question is; is this purely a display issue with the monitoring software, or is there something I have potentially misconfigured that is causing the traffic to be this bursty?

This is a local loop DS3. Ping times across between devices are between 1 and 3 ms.

I have attached the config snippets for the controller and serial interfaces involved.

Any insight or theories that I can use to further resoearch would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Keith

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: DS3 throughput

I am not familiar with the software you are using, but if there are no irregularities on interface and controller, i'd try sending traffic over longer period - for example using IPERF http://www.noc.ucf.edu/Tools/Iperf/default.htm (Just select two machines closest to the link) or MRTG.

Views
Helpful
Replies