Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dual SCM Collection configuration for CWM 10.5

Our network setup is one ATM network with two Statistics Collection Managers acting as dual collectors running independently with each other. Based on the documentations, to enable dual collection you have to set MAX_PARALLEL_COLLSVRS in scmctrlsvr.conf to 2 on both servers. I did this one but still the secondary collector did not run. Also, from the Statistics Collection Configuration window, where I should configure the primary and secondary collection servers, there was still no secondary collection server option. From the drop-down buttons, only the primary collector server appeared.

I hope someone can help me on this one. Thank you very much.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Dual SCM Collection configuration for CWM 10.5

Dual stats collection is only available for legacy nodes ie. BPX, IGX, MGX 8220, MGX 8850/8250 version 1.

To have dual collection working with 10.x, you need two CWM servers setup in the same domain (CWM Gateway must be configure). So, here would be a step-by-step:

1. Config switches with stats master pointing at CWM server A.

2. Config the CWM servers A and B network.conf files

3. Config the CWM servers A and B CWMGateway.conf files

4. Start the core on server A and wait for network sync up

5. Start the core on server B

6. Enable stats collection on nodes from server A

7. Start collection from server A

8. Launch SCM gui on server B and see the list of nodes

9. Start collection on server B => you do dual collection

Here is a url on how they are configured :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wanbu/svplus/105/install/appa.htm#xtocid3

Views
Helpful
Replies