Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Mac in User Tracking

Hello,

We have CIscowork LMS 2.6 , in the User Tracking we see a large no. of duplicate MAC add appearing. For e.g for a printer I see around 4 entries for some PC I can see 2 entries . if I try to manually delete it , I am unable to do so.  I logged on to the switch to check for duplicate entries but could not find any.

I have kept my acquisition schedule as 1 day so that I don't get previous day entries.

Can any one guide why I am getting these duplicate entries.

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ideally you should apply the latest version of CM which is 4.0.13 .  Follow the steps outlined in the Campus Manager 4.0.13 release notes :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/4.0.13/readme/cwcm4_0_13_win.readme.html#wp196441

-nael

View solution in original post

Yes, you are seeing a bug where UT duplicates entries sometimes up to tens or hundreds of thousands of times.  To fix this, you will need to upgrade to Campus 4.0.11 or higher (4.0.13) is preferred.  Then, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database to remove the bogus entries in there currently:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

Finally, run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a new UT major acquisition, and you should no longer see incorrect duplicates.

To get Campus 4.0.13, use Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a known bug.  Exactly what version of Campus Manager do you have?  Was it upgraded from a previous version?  If so, what version?

The Campus Manager Version is 4.0.6. It has not been upgraded from any previous version.

Regards

Ideally you should apply the latest version of CM which is 4.0.13 .  Follow the steps outlined in the Campus Manager 4.0.13 release notes :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/4.0.13/readme/cwcm4_0_13_win.readme.html#wp196441

-nael

Yes, you are seeing a bug where UT duplicates entries sometimes up to tens or hundreds of thousands of times.  To fix this, you will need to upgrade to Campus 4.0.11 or higher (4.0.13) is preferred.  Then, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database to remove the bogus entries in there currently:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

Finally, run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a new UT major acquisition, and you should no longer see incorrect duplicates.

To get Campus 4.0.13, use Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Thanks for the replies

I will upgrade to the new version and check if the problem is resolved

Thanks once again

Have a nice week ahead

Thanks to every one who helped me solve the issue. With the upgrade of the Campus Manager version , now we are getting proper reports .

one last query I had what should be the ideal seting for the UT report , i.e what should be the schedule for major/minor acquisitiion

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: