Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic Topology Map??

bevan.barry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm new to LMS but was wondering if it has a dynamic view of the topology? So if I were to power off a device or disconnect a link, will this be reflected dynamically in the topology map? I've gotten email alerting to work fine though. Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance,

BB

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager is not a fault management application. It is designed to provide documentation of your layer 2 network. However, as of LMS 3.1 and Campus Manager 5.1, there is integration between Campus and DFM. If DFM detects an event corresponding to a given device, the device icon will change on the Campus Map to reflect the severity of the most severe event DFM has detected. This may mean your icons have a stop sign, yield sign, or informational sign on top of them.

Thanks for the info jclarke. I've got LMS 3.1 with Campus Manager 5.1 setup in a lab environment. I've powered switch off and disconnected links but the topology stayed as is even after I refresh it a few times although the notification email were sent. Any ideas?

Thanks,

BB

Go to Campus Manager > Admin > Topology > DFM Poller Settings, and make sure you have Poll DFM Server for alerts enabled. After doing that, your topology map will update with DFM events.

Thanks again for the info but I just gave it a try and it didn't work with that option enabled. I also noticed that the minimum value was 6 mins. So doesn't that mean I'd have to wait 6 mins for the topology to update?

Thanks in advance,

BB

Yes, you will have to wait at least six minutes for Campus to pull the latest DFM data. You may also have to relaunch Topology Services after enabling the feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco