cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

E-mail fault notifications on DCNM 6.2.5

Hi everyone,

I'm dealing with DCNM for the first time, and I finally could add and manage the VDCs I'm using after a deep discovery. Now I need to configure some e-mail alerts to notify high CPU-memory, Link down etc. Well I can't find where to do this, there is no option on the Web interface like the "Fault E-mail notification" in LMS. I also searched on the DCNM LAN Client and nothing.

Do you know if this is still possible on DCNM, or if there is any other alternative?

Thanks!

Ricardo

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

HI Ricardo, Email

HI Ricardo,

Email notification can be configured from here ::

Admin > Events > Forwarding

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

HI Ricardo, Email

HI Ricardo,

Email notification can be configured from here ::

Admin > Events > Forwarding

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Community Member

Thanks !But there is no

Thanks !
But there is no option for SMTP Authentication

How can DCNM send an Email without user credential ?

Cisco Employee

I don't think it requires and

I don't think it requires and authentication as long as SMTP server information mentioned is correct

Thanks-

Community Member

ThanksBut there are 2 options

Thanks

But there are 2 options : 1 for SMTP address , 1 for Email address . There is no options like Email Password . So how can i use my to send notification to any other email ?
I'm still stuck at this step

Cisco Employee

Hi ,I do not have much idea

Hi ,

I do not have much idea on this , however I find some information that might help.

Specify the user who will receive the email ->  purposely these values are not as the destination email address is multiple addresses and different type of
notification may need to be sent to different address. We set the DESTINATION email
address per-threshold rule as according to this Cisco documentation, you can check the below link::
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/5_2/configuration/guides/fu
nd/DCNM-SAN-LAN_5_2/fund_threshold.html#wp1313951

Thanks-

Afroz

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content