Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E- mail Notifications issues

Hi:

I have a question about e-mail notification DFM. I was working with it an we didnt have problems about notification when we put the following:

-SMTP Server: 172.19.220.185

-Sender Address: CWAlert@cosma.com

-Recipient Address:

awalkinshaw@cosma.com

it works great, but the customer wants to put anothe e-mail and the SMTP server is the same, the problem is that this e-mails didnt arrive in the to this mail:

-8441621132@msgnextel.com.mx

I was confused because te e-mail that is working is @cosma.com (i put 3 different e-mail with the same domain @cosma.com), but this didnt work @msgnextel.com.mx.

The customer told me that this 2 e-mails domains have the same SMTP Server (172.19.220.185) but the second e-mail domain didnt arrive.

is anybody could helpme why this is happening? could it cant work with different domains?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Relaying through that SMTP server may be denied. You can try getting a sniffer trace of all 25/tcp traffic between the CiscoWorks server and the SMTP server to see what it says to the third address.

but is it posible to have 2 e-mails with different domains? the SMTP server in both is the same 172.19.220.185

Yep, it's very possible. It does work provided the SMTP server allows it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: